Welcome to the Coburg Harriers Fun Runs for 2017, join one of Melbourne’s oldest athletic clubs by participating in our friendly fun run events. All events are run by Coburg Athletic Club volunteers and all income from events goes to the club to enable us to put on affordable community events such as fun runs and to foster junior athletic development at the club level.
We welcome runners (and walkers) of all levels, our emphasis is on participating at your best
Next Featured Event: see you in 21st January 2018 | 9:00 am
Fun Run: The Coburg ”New Year’s Resolution” Fun Run 21st Jan 2018
The Coburg ”New Year’s Resolution” Fun Run 12km/6km Run/Walk, 9am, Sunday 21st January 2018; enter online or on the day at Harold Stevens Athletic track (behind the Basketball Stadium) Outlook Rd Coburg, Melway Map 18 A10; trophies for place getters and certificates for the rest; plenty of parking,free morning tea.
Entry fee is $18 online or $20 on the day. Juniors $5.
The course is on the Merri Creek Bike path, an undulating scenic path, and we have marshals to make sure you don’t get lost. We usually have 60 to 90 entries for this event, and many of them are “beginner” fun runners like you. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed and a good event to start doing fun runs!
November Fun Run 3, 6, 12K Options [ Results ]
Sunday 5th November 2017
Coburg Lake Classic Fun Run 10K & 5K
Sunday 8th October 2017
Time: 9.00 AM
5K & 10K Run Options
Route Path – Beautiful Running:
Previous Coburg Event Photos
COBURG HARRIERS FUN RUNS 2017
|Date||Event Name||Distance||Start Time|
|2017||January||15||New Year’s Resolution Fun Run||12k 6k 3k||9am|
|2017||February||26||Active Moreland Fun Run –
Coburg Harriers co-ordinating this event
|2017||March||5||Coburg 6 Hour
Walk and Run
Sat/Sun, VIC 24 hour Track Championship
and Queen of the North [ Results ]
|12k 6k 3k||9am|
Bluestone Classic [ RESULTS ]
|15km 7km, 3km||9am|
Sunday 23rd July 2017 | 9:00 am
Coburg Winter July Rain, Hail or Shine Fun Run
[ RESULTS ]
|12k 6k 3k||9am|
Marathon [ Results ]
|21.1k 10k 4.5k||9am|
Classic Fun Run and Walk
|10km & 5km||9am|
Coburg Fun Run & Walk
[ Results ]
|12k 6k, 3k||9am|
Important Fun Run Information:
- Location of Harold Stevens Athletic Track (HSAT): Google Maps Link
- Contact Information: our email address is | firstname.lastname@example.org | please use this address for all event enquiries etc.
- Coaching: Coburg Harriers run middle distance training groups at the track on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 6:00 pm, cost is a $2 donation to the coach Brian Delaney. If you become a regular training group member you are obliged to join our club. By joining our club you can also run for Coburg Harriers at Athletics Victoria Events through Summer & Winter.
- Computer Timing: each Entrant is giving a number which is entered into the computer system as you cross the finish line (if you can’t finish the event please advise officials asap)
Event Categories for 2016 Long Events (usually 12k, 15k or Half Marathon & Short Events (usually 4k, 6k):
- Male 6K Run | Walk
- Male Junior 6K Run | Walk
- Male 12K Run | Walk
- Male Junior 12K Run | Walk
- Female 6K Run | Walk
- Female Junior 6K Run | Walk
- Female 12K Run | Walk
- Female Junior 12K Run | Walk
- Male 3K
- Female 3K
Results: are available on this webpage usually within 24 Hours of the event end.
Entry: Online Entry is preferable so we can pre-organise the event, you can also enter on the day.
Course: unless advised otherwise our course runs through the Coburg Parklands on the bike path.
Start Time: 9:00 am.
Post-race supper: we offer a post race supper and free Tea and Coffee
- Parking: there is ample parking at the Coburg Basketball Stadium, next to the Harold Stevens Athletic Track
- Cycling to HSAT: you can take the Main Yarra Bike Trail to the Merri Creek Bike Path from the City, you can lock your bike near the change rooms or bring it into the club rooms.
- Public Transport to HSAT: At the end of the Tram 1 Route (Nicholson Street, Brunswick East) you would have a 1.5K walk along the Bicycle Path to the Athletic Track.