Welcome to the Coburg Harriers Fun Runs for 2016, join one of Melbourne’s oldest athletic clubs by participating in our friendly fun run events. All events are run by Coburg Athletic Club volunteers and all income from events goes to the club to enable us to put on affordable community events such as fun runs and to foster junior athletic development at the club level.
We welcome runners (and walkers) of all levels, our emphasis is on participating at your best.
The Cold-Burg 12K, 6K & 3K | 31 July 2016 | Results |
Next Fun Run Event 21 August 9:00 am
Coburg Half Marathon & 10k Deluxe
COBURG HARRIERS FUN RUNS 2016
||Coburg “New Year’s Resolution” Fun Run/ Walk 9am Sunday 17th January 2016
||New Years Resolution Fun||12km, 6km, 3km||9am|
Active Moreland Fun Run (Organised by Active Moreland & in partnership with the Coburg Harriers)
Location: Coburg Olympic Swimming Pool, Murray Road, Coburg Enter Online
Coburg 6 Hour Walk and Run
|2016||April 16/17||Coburg 24hr, Sat/Sun, AURA 24 hour Track Championship||100k +||10am|
Coburg King and Queen of the North
[ Results ]
|12km & 6km||9am|
Coburg Harold Stevens Bluestone Classic
A challenging 15km Cross Country Course comprising:
3km track/4km bike path + 8 km (2laps) of a cross country course, this is dirt trail running, a tough and rewarding 15km run.
ENTRY: $20, (online $18) trophies for winners & placegetters.
Also: 7 km senior run/walk, and 7km junior track/bike path event.
Also: 3km junior track event. Juniors $5 for 3km and 7km.
Note: Free morning tea in the Clubrooms
WHERE: Harold Stevens Athletic Track, Outlook Rd Coburg Melway 18 A10.
|15km 7km 3km
|2016||July 31||Cold-burg Winter Fun Run
The Cold-Burg 12K, 6K & 3K
| Results |
|12km, 6km run/walk, 3km||9am|
Coburg Half Marathon & 10.55k Deluxe
|21.1k 10.55k 4.5k||9am|
Coburg Lake Classic Fun Run and Walk
|10km & 5km||9am|
||Coburg Fun Run & Walk||12km,6km, 3km||9am|
Important Fun Run Information:
- Location of Harold Stevens Athletic Track (HSAT): Google Maps Link
- Contact Information: our email address is | firstname.lastname@example.org | please use this address for all event enquiries etc.
- Coaching: Coburg Harriers run middle distance training groups at the track on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 6:00 pm, cost is a $2 donation to the coach Brian Delaney. If you become a regular training group member you are obliged to join our club. By joining our club you can also run for Coburg Harriers at Athletics Victoria Events through Summer & Winter.
- Computer Timing: each Entrant is giving a number which is entered into the computer system as you cross the finish line (if you can’t finish the event please advise officials asap)
Event Categories for 2016 Long Events (usually 12k, 15k or Half Marathon & Short Events (usually 4k, 6k):
- Male 6K Run | Walk
- Male Junior 6K Run | Walk
- Male 12K Run | Walk
- Male Junior 12K Run | Walk
- Female 6K Run | Walk
- Female Junior 6K Run | Walk
- Female 12K Run | Walk
- Female Junior 12K Run | Walk
- Male 3K
- Female 3K
Results: are available on this webpage usually within 24 Hours of the event end.
Entry: Online Entry is preferable so we can pre-organise the event, you can also enter on the day.
Course: unless advised otherwise our course runs through the Coburg Parklands on the bike path.
Start Time: 9:00 am.
Post-race supper: we offer a post race supper and free Tea and Coffee
- Parking: there is ample parking at the Coburg Basketball Stadium, next to the Harold Stevens Athletic Track
- Cycling to HSAT: you can take the Main Yarra Bike Trail to the Merri Creek Bike Path from the City, you can lock your bike near the change rooms or bring it into the club rooms.
- Public Transport to HSAT: At the end of the Tram 1 Route (Nicholson Street, Brunswick East) you would have a 1.5K walk along the Bicycle Path to the Athletic Track.