Welcome to the 2017 Winter Cross-Country Running Season
- Coburg Harriers Athletic Club participates in the Athletics Victoria XC Season (events below in Blue are AV Events), we usually field 2-3 Men’s Teams and 1-2 Women’s Teams, an over 50s Team and possibly a Junior Team.
- We also offer Club Events for members (Events below in RED are Club Events).
- Events in Yellow are (non-Dr Marshall Shield) points events.
Dr Marshall Shield (Winter)
The Dr Marshall Shield is awarded to the Club Member who:
1. Participates in the most events (out of a possible 20 AV & Club) for the Winter Season.
2. Finishes in the highest placings in the Club and AV Events.
3. Volunteering for Events and/or assisting also goes towards Dr M Points.
FAQs Membership & Winter Athletics Victoria
- Q1. I only want to run club events. If you would like to run in ‘Club Events’ Only during Winter then you are only required to be a Club Member i.e. (run club events, use facilities, training group & assist occasionally at events such as fun runs etc).
- Q2. I want to run club & AV events. If you would like to run in Athletics Victoria Events as well as Club Events then you are required to be an Athletics Victoria Member & Club Member.
- Q3. I’m not a serious runner is AV an elite competition? Yes AV has an elite level of runners however most runs are made up of people like us, we run to be fit and healthy to be challenged and to enjoy the social aspects of running. AV Competition is fantastic value – events work out to be around $20.00 each you have a variety of event distances and locations that are well organised with a friendly atmosphere. Your membership also entitles you to run in the Summer AV Season Track.
- Q4. More Information? See the XC AV Winter Page or talk to Coach Brian.
Costs & Membership
To participate in Winter Club runs only become a Coburg Harriers Member you can register online or pay the Treasurer Directly
- To be an Athletics Victoria (AV) team participant, you pay both Club and AV membership here
- Club membership – $ 55
- AV Membership (Open $100, Junior $80) then,
- Select additional package – XCR ($125 / $100) or Summer ($125 / $100) or Both (Max Package $200 / $175)
- Any queries or difficulties please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0409 313930
|2017 XCR Calendar & Coburg Harriers Winter Events|
|Fun 1||Sunday 15 January||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||New Year’s Resolution Fun Run||12, 6, 3K||9:00 AM|
|Fun 2||Sunday 26 February||Coburg Lake||Active Morland||10, 5k||9:00 AM|
|Fun 3||Sunday 5 March||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg 6 Hour||6 Hours Run||6am|
|Club 1||Saturday 1 April||Coburg Lake Playground Picnic Area||4K Club Loop of Lake||4K||2:00 PM|
|Brian & Co.||Saturday 8 April||Oxfam Weekend||
100K Donate to Team Delaney, Cogan & Steel
|Fun 4||Saturday & Sunday 22/23 April||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||24 Hour – Victorian Track Championships||24 Hours||10.00 am|
|AV 1||Saturday 22 April||Jells Park||
|Club 2||Saturday 29 April||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||
Coburg XC Club Handicap
|Club 3||Saturday 06 May||Fairfield Boathouse||Fairfield Boathouse XC Handicap||8K/4K Junior||2:00 PM|
|AV 2||Saturday 13 May||Wandin Park||XC||6/8K||9:00 AM|
|Fun 5||Sunday 21 May||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||King & Queen of the North||12, 6, 3k||9:00 AM|
|AV 3||Saturday 27 May||Cruden Farm||XC 8km & 16km Heritage Round||8K & 16K||2:00 PM|
|Club 4||Saturday 10 June||Warringal Park Heidelberg||Warringal Park Panter Club XC Timed Run||40min (H/Cap)/Jnr 20min||2:00 PM|
|AV 4||Saturday 17 June||Bundoora Cross Country Parklands||XC||10K||2:00 PM|
|Club 5||Saturday 24 June||Harold Stevens Athletic Track (Bluestone Weekend )||Club C/ship series, Race 1 of 2 – Xcountry, Incorporates a sealed h/cap race||8k||2:00 pm|
|Fun 6||Sunday 25 June||Harold Stevens Athletic Track (Bluestone Weekend)||Bluestone Classic Track 3k, Road 4k Xcountry 8k||15, 7k||9:00 am|
|Saturday 1st Sunday 2nd July||Goald Coast Marathon Weekend||2:00 PM|
|AV 5||Saturday 8 July||Sandown Relays||Relays 2×3.2k||6.4k||2:00 PM|
|AV 6||Sunday 16 July||Albert Park Road Race (TBC)||Road Race||10K||2:00 PM|
|Club 6||Saturday 22 July||Humevale Run||Humevale||8K||2:00 pm|
|Fun 7||Sunday 23 July||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg July Fun Run||12, 6, 3K||12:00 PM|
|AV 7||Saturday 29 July||Ballarat – Lake Wendouree||Road Race||15K|
|Club 7||Saturday 5 August||Eric’s Epic Run – run is hosting by Eric’s Family and Co, a secret training location on farm land with rolling grass paddocks and crocodile filled dams.||Launching Place||10K/4K Junior, plus little kids farm run.||2:00 PM|
|AV 8||Saturday 12 August||Anglesea Surf Coast||Ekiden Relay||Various up to 9K||12:00 PM|
|Club 8||Saturday 19 August||Princes Park||Club C/Ship Series, Race 2 of 2, Road, Incorporating a sealed H/Cap||10K/5K Junior||2:00 pm|
|Fun 8||Sunday 20 August||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg Half Marathon||21.1 & 10.5||2:00 PM|
|Club 9||Saturday 26 August||Westerfolds Park, Templestowe||Westerfolds Bernie Goggin 10K Handicap||10K/5K Junior||2.00 pm|
|Club 10||Saturday 2nd September||Norris Bank Park, Bundorra||Each 3, 2, 1K run is based on a handicap time. Each place getter for the 3, 2, 1K run receives points, the most overall points accumulated is the winner||1, 2, 3K||2.00 pm|
|AV 9||Sunday 10th September||Burnley Kevin Bartlett Reserve||Half Marathon Road||21.1K||8.00 am Early Starters 7.30 am|
|AV 10||Saturday 16 September||AV Princes Park Relay||Relay||3.2K||9:00 AM|
|Fun 9||Sunday 8 October||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg Lake Classic Fun Run||10 & 5K||9:00 AM|
|Fun 10||Sunday 5 November||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg fun Run||12, 6, 3K|