Welcome to the 2018 Winter Cross-Country Running Season
- Coburg Harriers Athletic Club participates in the Athletics Victoria XC Season (events below in Blue are AV Events), we usually field 2-3 Men’s Teams and 1-2 Women’s Teams, an over 50s Team and possibly a Junior Team.
- We also offer Club Events for members (Events below in RED are Club Events).
- Events in white are (non-Dr Marshall Shield) points events.
- 2018 Calendar Coburg Harriers
Dr Marshall Shield (Winter)
The Dr Marshall Shield is awarded to the Club Member who:
1. Participates in the most events (out of a possible 20 AV & Club) for the Winter Season.
2. Finishes in the highest placings in the Club and AV Events.
3. Volunteering for Events and/or assisting also goes towards Dr M Points.
FAQs Membership & Winter Athletics Victoria
- Q1. I only want to run club events. If you would like to run in ‘Club Events’ Only during Winter then you are only required to be a Club Member i.e. (run club events, use facilities, training group & assist occasionally at events such as fun runs etc).
- Q2. I want to run club & AV events. If you would like to run in Athletics Victoria Events as well as Club Events then you are required to be an Athletics Victoria Member & Club Member.
- Q3. I’m not a serious runner is AV an elite competition? Yes AV has an elite level of runners however most runs are made up of people like us, we run to be fit and healthy to be challenged and to enjoy the social aspects of running. AV Competition is fantastic value – events work out to be around $20.00 each you have a variety of event distances and locations that are well organised with a friendly atmosphere. Your membership also entitles you to run in the Summer AV Season Track.
- Q4. More Information? See the XC AV Winter Page or talk to Coach Brian.
Costs & Membership
To participate in Winter Club runs only become a Coburg Harriers Member Club Membership Online Payments (Club Membership Only)
- To be an Athletics Victoria (AV) team participant, you pay both Club and AV membership here
- Club membership – $ 55
- AV Membership (Open $100, Junior $80) then,
- Select additional package – XCR ($125 / $100) or Summer ($125 / $100) or Both (Max Package $200 / $175)
- Any queries or difficulties please contact email@example.com or 0409 313930
|2018 XCR Calendar & Coburg Harriers Winter Events|
|Round||Date & Time
|Fun 1||Sunday 21st January||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||New Year’s Resolution Fun Run||12, 6, 3K|
|Fun 2||Sunday 18th March||Coburg Lake||Active Moreland||Volunteering|
|FREE Weekend||Saturday 7th April|
|Club 1||2:00 pm | Saturday 14th April||Coburg Lake Playground Picnic Area – Opening Season Run||
4K Club Loop Starting at Lake
[ Results ]
|4K Estimated Time|
|Fun 3||Saturday & Sunday 21/22 April||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||24 Hour – Victorian Track Championships||24 Hours|
|AV 1||Saturday 21st April||Jells Park||XC Relays||6K|
|Club 2||2:00 pm | Saturday 28th April||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg XC Club Handicap||6K / 3K|
|AV 2||Saturday 5th May||St Anne’s Winery, Myrniong||XC||6/8K|
|Club 3||2:00 pm |Saturday 12th May||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg XC Club Handicap||8K / 4K|
|FREE Saturday||Saturday 19th May|
|Fun 4||Sunday 20th May||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||King & Queen of the North||12, 6, 3k|
|AV 3||Saturday 26th May||Cruden Farm||XC 8km & 12km Heritage Round||8K & 12K|
|FREE Weekend||Saturday 2nd June|
|Club 4||2:00 pm | Saturday 9th June||Warringal Park Heidelberg||Warringal Park Panter Club XC Timed Run||40min (H/Cap)/Jnr 20min|
|AV 4||Saturday 16th June||Bundoora Cross Country Parklands||XC||10K|
|Club 5||2:00 pm | Saturday 23rd June||Harold Stevens Athletic Track (Bluestone Weekend )||Club C/ship series, Race 1 of 2 – Xcountry, Incorporates a sealed h/cap race||8k / 4K|
|Fun 5||Sunday 24th June||Harold Stevens Athletic Track (Bluestone Weekend)||Bluestone Classic Track 3k, Road 4k Xcountry 8k||15, 7k|
|FREE Weekend||Saturday 30th June Sunday 1st July||Gold Coast Marathon Weekend|
|AV 5||Saturday 7th July||Sandown Relays||Relays 2×3.2k||6.4k|
|Club 6||2:00 pm | Saturday 14th July||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||
Coburg Mountain Climb
[ Strava Route ]
|10K & 5K & Junior
|Fun 6||Sunday 15th July||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg July Fun Run The 10 Miler||16, 8, 3K|
|AV 6||Sunday 22nd July TBC||Albert Park Road Race||Road Race||10K|
|Club 7||2:00 pm | Saturday 28th July||Princes Park||Club C/Ship Series, Race 2 of 2, Road, Incorporating a sealed H/Cap||10K/5K Junior|
|AV 7||Saturday 4th August TBC||Ballarat – Lake Wendouree||Road Race||15K|
|FREE Saturday||Saturday 11th August|
|Fun 7||Sunday 12th August||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg Half Marathon||21.1 & 10.5|
|AV 8||Saturday 18th August||Anglesea Surf Coast||Ekiden Relay||Various up to 9K|
|Club 8||2:00 pm | Saturday 25th August||Westerfolds Park, Templestowe||Westerfolds Bernie Goggin 10K Handicap||10K/5K Junior|
|AV 9||Sunday 2nd September||Burnley Kevin Bartlett Reserve||Half Marathon Road||21.1K|
|Club 9||2:00 pm | Saturday 8th September||Norris Bank Park, Bundoora||Each 3, 2, 1K run is based on a handicap time. Each place getter for the 3, 2, 1K run receives points, the most overall points accumulated is the winner||1, 2, 3K|
|Fun 8||Sunday 9th September||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg fun Run||12, 6, 3K|
|AV 10||Saturday 15 September TBC||TAN||Relay||3.2K|
|Fun 9||Sunday 28th October||Harold Stevens Athletic Track||Coburg Lake Classic Fun Run||10 & 5K|
|Club Runs plus||AV Runs combine for||Dr Marshall Shield events|